MOSA GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
Date: 06/27/19 Call
to Order: (8:04pm) by Jess Yeager
Clubs Absent: Beachwood, Peninsula, Robinsville, Stafford
Accepted Reports: Minutes – 1st Wall 2nd Twin County
Treasures – 1st Brick 2nd Pinelands
President: (Jess) No Report
1st VP: (Jeff) Absent
2nd VP: (Lindsey) Trophy pick up for Spring 2019 is July 25th 6pm-8pm. (If you do not pick them up that night it will be your clubs responsibility to get them)
Registrations for 2019-2020
Member's at Large: (Eric) MOSA Cup finals went good.
Member's at Large: (Al) Reminded the group that the 7v7 games would be 30 min halves for Fall.
Reminded everyone to remind coaches to get Safe Sport Certifications. They will not be able to coach in Fall without it.
State: (Lindsey) Nothing
Treasurer: (Don) Report was handed out, no questions.
Working with Referee Assignors now to get them paid.
Secretary: (Bill) Spoke briefly about scholarships
We are trying to plan two coaches meetings for August.
Referees: (Bill T) Spoke about FIFA rule changes.
Nominations of officers:
1st Vice President: Eric Offenberg; Secretary: Bill Smith; Treasurer: Don Kameno; Member at Large: None
Officers were elected as they were all uncontested. I casted the one vote for everyone except me, Jess voted for me.
Old Business: None
1. Motion that any game stopped after half-time would be considered complete. [Motioned by Howell; Seconded by Twin County] Motion did not pass.
2. Motion to change the MOSA rule that if 50% or more of a game is completed and then ended pre-maturely due to weather, the result of the game shall stand as final. If less than 50% of a game is completed and ended early, then the game shall restart at the other teams home field and referee fees will still be responsibility of the original home team. [Motioned by Marlboro; Second by Union Beach] Motion passed.
3. Motion to change Club Pass rules to limit the number of Club Pass players each team can use. 7v7 teams would be limited to 3 Club Pass players; 9v9 teams would be limited to 4 Club Pass players; 11v11 teams would be limited to 5 Club Pass players. [Motioned by Marlboro; Second by TRIC] Motion passed.
4. Six goal differential rule was discussed. Marlboro motioned to eliminate the 6-goal differential rule all together. After discussion going back and forth Jess Yeager tabled the discussion (Second by Twin County) asking clubs to go back and discuss this further before voting.
5. Marlboro asked for MOSA to consider doing a shortened season for the Fall for High School aged teams.
6. Allow make-up games to be played by the end of the season instead of three weeks. [Motioned by Howell; Second by Monmouth Coast] Motion failed.
7. Motion to allow 13U and higher games to be played by end of the season. [Motion by Howell; Second by TRFC] Motion failed.
8. Motion to add to the
current Secondary Permission Pass rule that would make it so passes would not
be processed after week five of the season. (Motion by TRIC; Second by Twin
County] Motion passed
Meeting Adjourned: 1st: Middletown 2nd: Twin County (9:32 pm)
Next Meeting: July 25, 2019
William Smith - MOSA Secretary